My Thoughts and Yours...

I write about things I notice around me on my not so talkative days. If any of you out there are interested, please read and respond!

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Smoke law at Purdue..

Being a person who does not smoke (nor have I ever tried!!!!) and one who does get headaches from smelling smoke: Here are my views towards Purdue's little law they are proposing.

They claim that the smokers should have a designated area to smoke away from the buildings. To me that's going against someones' rights. Some people choose to smoke and some dont. And most who do smoke must do it in the bitter cold outside. But heck if they still figure that they wanna smoke then let it be. Why must Purdue put a ban on it? As far as I can tell...this ban includes people from even standing close to the buildings to smoke. What? They want a jail on campus or some sort of tree on campus which says "Smokers Please"..if that isn't segregation enough. It's like trying to section out people who drink, or those who eat Octopus for a living. I think it's a personal choice. I was talking to a few of my friends and they said that these smokers invade their right to fresh air...hello dammit how?? These smokers dont smoke in the buildings! And outside is outside. If you see a smoker close to a building, just hold your damn breath and walk away from them. It's as easy as that. Quit being so damn selfish and wanting it all. I know I can't stand smoke and I hold my breath, but that doesn't make me want to get rid of smokers.

My old university had a room called the "smoke room"...whatever. Even then people smoked outside the buildings..!! I hear they want to start some designated "detention center" or "jail" smokeroom or area here too for smokers. Why should we put a tag on smokers? Should we do the same for drinkers? Or octopus eaters? We all get one life to live, and we all make our OWN decisions to live it..so why should those who don't smoke have a right to control those who do? Smokers have to listen to the non-smokers and heck they stand outside to smoke. Can't we as nonsmokers just be a bit nicer and grant that wish to the smokers? This world is so selfish..it annoys me. You give and you take. It's about time nonsmokers gave...screw the taking.

2 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah its crazy about the smoking deal. Its not the first time Purdue has done this. I remember reading about the Purdue history a year or two ago that in the early days at Purdue smokers had to be off the school grounds. So there was this fence that divide the school grounds of Purdue where the smokers would bend over the fence and light up. :) Which that fence was like the south end of state street.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Anostica said...

Two years ago too??!!? That has got to be the most stupid thing I've heard! Why would Purdue make such a stupid rule?

I tell you, people are just too stuck up and selfish these days. Poor smokers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home