My Thoughts and Yours...

I write about things I notice around me on my not so talkative days. If any of you out there are interested, please read and respond!

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

How weird is this?

Filling out a survey online...and it asks for ethnicity. So....I was looking through...finding mine. And each ethnicity is expanded..and has different geographic locations. Then you get to "White"....and no Norwegian, German, French, English, Irish, Hugarian, Austrian, Swiss you name it....nothing? how come? If in this world we claim it's becoming a bit fair each day...I don't think so. By putting Just White, we are sectioning people still out by color. Hello White is a color..the rest are ethnicities! Same with Black...I say black, I don't think ethnicity. It's a damn color again. Ethnicity means the country you come from...not a frikkin color. Gimme a break!


American Indian or Alaska Native

Asian/Asian American--Asian Indian, Chinese, Filipina(o), Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese , Other

Black/African American

Hispanic or Latina/o --Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuban, White Hispanic, Other Hispanic

Pacific Islander--Native Hawaiian, Guamanian or Chamorro, Samoan, Other Pacific Islander

White

2 Comments:

At 12:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah i do not get that either... you would think they would change how we view that by now. just shows change is slow or nothing at all.

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Ali said...

That's sad that you get tied up in those definition of race and how someone looks on the outside. Oh well, I have it easy, I'm black. I'm so black I'm blackalicious! Woohaa!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home