My Thoughts and Yours...

I write about things I notice around me on my not so talkative days. If any of you out there are interested, please read and respond!

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Buffet eating..

I went out with a few friends to dinner today..to a place called "Khana Kazana" or something of the sort. I'm sure I got the spelling wrong..maybe right who knows. Anyways, they wanted to eat from the Buffet, I figured why not as well. So...I ate a bit here and there, didn't really like any of the food there..it was pretty much too bland for my spicy preference. BUT, it got me thinking. I'm sure it's a DUH to everyone, but I figured I'd write it anyways. So ya, these restaurants or whatever make this buffet stuff, and overprice it big time, yah I paid $9.01 for it...and heck they KNOW no one can eat soo much...And in the long run they are making probably a dollar or two extra off of the person/eater as compared to them ordering just a normal dish...ayeee, dumb me. I learned my lesson...or did I? I just didn't wanna wait, acck and figured I'd get a bigger selection with the buffet, or at least a good one..got neither. Note to self--dont eat buffet again. Will I listen to myself? Probably not.

4 Comments:

At 1:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah I don't like buffets either!! Chinese buffets seem to be a big fad around here, but I'd rather just order something and be waited on at a real restaurant. Plus at a buffet you never know how long the food has been sitting out!

--It's Sandy :)

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Anostica said...

Good point Sandy. I donno where the food microbiologist in me went! Err..I suppose they gotta keep the food at the right temp..but then again, the rice can be an issue. Bacillus food poisoning (Oh God the Masters!) just isn't that fun! ;)

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Tony Allen said...

Go buffets! Sure some buffets are bad and the food is cold or hard or whatever. But the point of the 9 dollar meal is that you have added convenience of variety. You can't eat whatever you want however much you want at a regular restaurants. a buffet serves a different purpose. You can go to a regular restaurant and it's nice to eat a meal, enjoy conversation and just chill. But at a buffet, you can eat as much as you want and choose what you want. mmm.. i love this sushi! I'm gonna grab some more. Oh, not so crazy about this chicken, i'm gonna try something else. And at 9 bucks, you can't really say you're being ripped off. there are places where you pay 15 bucks or more for a plate of something. It's all relative. :)

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Anostica said...

By the taste of the food..I know I was ripped off! I could cook a heck of a lot better than that! I only went there cause I had never been there..never knew it'd be soo bland and bad!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home