My Thoughts and Yours...

I write about things I notice around me on my not so talkative days. If any of you out there are interested, please read and respond!

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Why do I put myself through it??

I don't get it. I choose this, but it's like grinding my frikking teeth on cement. I mean this Phd shit is just isn't working in a lab anymore..neither did I ever think it would be. I knew I'd have to face advisors and have to talk..but never expected what I had to face today.

I was informed last friday that I had to give a presentation in front of like 6 professors about what I've been doing in the lab...though I just joined the lab 3 months ago!!! Yah tell me about it. I was freaked outta my mind. This weekend all I did was go to bed and wake up thinking about the presentation. Finally I made the presentation on sunday and today I got to lab and worked my butt off practicing till around 2ish. One of the grad students I work with, came in and said my graph was all wrong. Gheesssh....it was 10 mins before the presentation. I had to take it solo...so I threw the presentation out the door.

Walked into the room with the 6 professors. We sat on a long table...and there were about 5 other grad students there. We were each asked to talk about what we did. They asked me questions, and thankfully my advisor was nice enough to help me out..and I was able to answer my questions. Man..I was soo nervous!!!! I ripped some skin off the side of my nail..yah bleeding finger in the meeting..not fun :(

Ohhhhh..so glad it's over now!!!!!

Oh point of post..yah why do I put myself through this stuff? I mean I like working in lab..like grad school. Hate having to take classes...when will they EVER stop. And this presentation shit...gheeesshhh....

2 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Aisha said...

good luck. i love your metaphor of "grinding teeth on concrete" I feel that way right now as I prepare a brief... *sigh* best of luck

 

Post a Comment

<< Home