My Thoughts and Yours...

I write about things I notice around me on my not so talkative days. If any of you out there are interested, please read and respond!

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Learn to say NO

Yes you read it right...learn to say NO! I mean it, make it a part of your daily routine of getting up in the morning..and say NO, then say NO again...and then, and then...okay you get the point. But one has got to learn!!! When will I ever learn??? ugghh! So...here's the deal. I can't say NO..why? Cause I'm stupid. Nah, it's more the fact that I always listen to what others' say and then wonder how I'd feel in their shoes..and odds are that I help everyone out! Say for example tonight..I'm stuck doing ONE problem for my midterm since 2 p.m. today....and my friend calls around 8 needing a ride..I mean I was just in the middle of it..thinking OH I think I got it...phone rings...she needs a ride. I'm out giving the ride. Why? Cause I figured I'd rather not have her walk home...but the bad thing was that when I got home..I had lost the energy to figure the problem out fully...and basically bullshitted it. Uggh...so...I guess I'll end up spending more time another time to figure it out.

Same goes for my lab...the slave idiots lab. He says do this..and I'm like. Okay..he says this..and my natural response OK. Hahaha...but no more! I did finally tell him NO! ohhhhhhh...it feels good!! I just gotta start saying it more and more these days. Seriously!

So my proposal to all you do gooders out there..who are wusses like me and can't say no.....start out small...and then keep working on it. Because the thing is that, our lives are busy too..and not everyone elses! Why must we put off what we're doing all the time for others? I mean..I am not proposing stuckupishness but heck....critically analyze the situation, and then decide..don't just say YES to all....ohhhhhhhhhh it'll save all of us energy ;) And funny how I always meet the wusses like me who can't say NO...wonder if I've got some marking on my head saying "nice-won't say no".. : -

Rehersal: Everyone repeat after me..."Nooooooooooooooooooo" :D

2 Comments:

At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not save yourself some time, take a laxative. It will lax away all your worries - plus, quite a fragrance it gives you. :-P

 
At 2:33 AM, Blogger Anostica said...

Get a life you freak! I am sick of your not so funny jokes. You booger..I know who you are! :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home