My Thoughts and Yours...

I write about things I notice around me on my not so talkative days. If any of you out there are interested, please read and respond!

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Am I an advisor?? Or a counselor?

I was busy working on some stuff today and one of my students stopped by. This student needed help on some school issues and thought I was the best person to talk to, about that. Then later a friend of mine stopped by just to tell me about how crappy her weekend had been. Again I listened. Now today, I decided to meet yet another complete new stranger. Nice stranger indeed. This stranger got to know me better, found out that I got into a doctoral program and wanted advice on it. It's interesting, but we ran into each other like 3 times in one day! What a cool thing!

I just find it odd that people throw their worries on me. I guess I take it sometimes, but then there are other times, I'm not so tuned to listen in on them. My sister's friend was like that too..she always had to deal with the listening. I guess I don't mind it most days...Makes me wonder if I should have gone into counseling!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home