My Thoughts and Yours...

I write about things I notice around me on my not so talkative days. If any of you out there are interested, please read and respond!

Wednesday, February 18, 2004

To have it sugar-coated or be told the darn truth!
 
I see things around me everyday, and notice people in school amongst my friends say things. I notice that the majority of the time what is said is sugar coated--yes people are darn afraid to say the truth, and would rather make it look oh so lovely then to spit the hard truth into someones' face! I mean come on, tell the truth and make people realize that what you're saying is really it, and that they need to work their whole hard time off to fix it, rather than sugar coating it and making them think that their STUPID mistake is OH NOT SO BAD!!

I mean..it's like this. Lets say since I"m a teaching assistant and I want my students to do well on a quiz or test in a class. I find that a student of mine did okay and got like a 76/100 which most consider average. I being the teacher and expecting the students to do well, would rather tell them to study hard and work for that 93/100 rather than saying, you know you did bad, but look on the bright side it's still Average. I mean, the only thing the student hears is...OH OH OH, my teacher thinks I'm still average and she said "bright" side...oh oh, I'm okay...who cares I won't try! I'd much rather just spit in their face and say, hey hey look I know you can do better than a 76/100, so go home and study some more...your next test should show results.

 I don't know but to me, this sugar coating crap is LYING..I cannot stand it, and it in ways leads to so many problems...Tell the truth ya'll..quit being wusses (chicken) hiding back what you really mean to say....and save the listener some trouble...or well some unneeded happiness....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home