My Thoughts and Yours...

I write about things I notice around me on my not so talkative days. If any of you out there are interested, please read and respond!

Tuesday, February 24, 2004

A change of mind..or different way of thinking..
 
Being an undergraduate student and now a graduate student, I have learned a lot. I remember back during my last year as an undergraduate. I remember the last few months of my undergraduate career. I mean it was sort of like I was flying in the wind, I mean, I was this bird, and the wind kept on blowing and no matter what I would eventually fly through the finish line as time went by. I mean, the ONLY thing which I ever had to worry about was taking my tests on time, and hoping that I'd pass my classes, which I knew I would, as I've never had to worry about them before.

Fast forward two years later. I am in my last semester of my graduate studies. And there is NO wind pushing me around, I'm like a dead stagnant bird. I can sit here for YEARS if I please, and no one will come to check up on me or budge me around. It's all up to me if I wanna pass that finish line..The wind is GONE, and I'm in some dessert surrounded by nothing. No one is saying hey hey, you need to get this done....I mean I'm writing my thesis, but what's keeping me going is my motivation to get it done. If I don't care about it, heck my advisor wont' either. People take Years to finish their masters only because of this..but yuck, I wanna have it done now, and I hope to finish even if I am a dead bird.

Its sort of like pulling weight that won't move. I mean I have motivation to move, but heck it's all up to ME. Either I keep up with what I do or I don't. Either way, I'll get my masters someday or get it this spring. But by the look of it, It might as well be this spring for me..as I dont' think I want to spend time writing my masters while at some doctoral program....

Speaking of which..I have one of my doctoral program interviews next week. Not too eager about the whole thing anymore..it's more so that I wan't to get done with them....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home