My Thoughts and Yours...

I write about things I notice around me on my not so talkative days. If any of you out there are interested, please read and respond!

Saturday, November 12, 2005

My constant hand ache...

It's pain in my palm. And I have it on most days and I wonder why. The thought hit me today. I go into lab most days, and work and do something which I never thought would cause this damn pain till I caught myself doing it today. Turns out that when I split cells, which means to generally replace media of cells allowing them to regenerate; one has to shake the bottle the cells are in--to basically dislodge them from the surface of the bottle. In general you gotta hit that bottle really hard, and I use my palm to do it, while observing if the cells have been shaken off.

So...if anything, I'll be in my current study program for the next 5 years or so. Considering I'll do this procedure of cell splitting almost three times a week, 52 weeks a year, times 5 years..well, I hope I still have a still functioning hand, and not a blue one hoping to fall off.

2 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm can you use a rubber hammer or something like that?

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger Anostica said...

if they had a rubber hammer around..I'd use it..these days I try to pound the bottle on the table..rather than my hand, but it never does the trick..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home