My Thoughts and Yours...

I write about things I notice around me on my not so talkative days. If any of you out there are interested, please read and respond!

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

be yourself..

yah yah yah, if you have been one of those crazy readers of my blog and have known me since God knows when...then you should literally read the subject and ignore the rest. Yeah because this post is going to be like the rest of them. But you know I run into something everyday which makes me want to write about this topic because I'm sick of it.

So..just a little more twist to it, though most of you might think it's a duh factor. Anyways..or I mean so...being yourself goes with having self esteem-so yah duhhhhh. I'm just sick of people literally giving up their belief system just because someone else talks them into it. But then it makes me wonder if these people really wanted it? Or could it be that the person they are exposed to is idiotic and controlling and talked them into it? Or...does the person giving up their way of living because they are WEAK..and lack the self esteem to stand up! Maybe it is a combination of all of the above..

I don't know..as I said before I run into something making me write about this. I have seen the strongest and most confident of people who I've known...just fall apart in front of me, because they think conforming to someone elses' wishes is going to make him/her like them more..or that conforming will be better! Grr..whatever. Compromise is different than giving in...and changing yourself is nasty...unless it's like kicking a bad habit (bad for health) such as smoking. Yes this does relate to the post..no tangents here...but being yourself and standing up for what you want, shows self-esteem...

Hope you are all getting my point. I dont' feel like re-reading this post. Yah..if any of you are bored out there, I'll give y'all a high five if you can count how many times I've written about this topic before!! ;)

1 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can understand a bit. I do not like controlling people at all and how they change people without the affected person really even noticing the change.

It really takes an outside source to figure what is going on and to take action to help the person out. Its one of the hardest things to witness someone that was strong minded at one time turn into someone totally different.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home