My Thoughts and Yours...

I write about things I notice around me on my not so talkative days. If any of you out there are interested, please read and respond!

Friday, August 26, 2005

Small Town USA

Well I've been home for about 3 days now, and have come to attend my sisters' wedding. I figured while I'm here why not get my retainer tightened as it was feeling a bit loose. Went to the orthodontist's office and the secretary is like, "are you the one engaged"...I had to correct her..no it's not me, but I am here just for the past few days because my sister is getting married. She was like, oh ya we treated her too and I read her marriage license thingy in the paper....never knew they posted that stuff!!!

Then me and my sis go out to go shopping for my shoes to wear..which yes I still haven't found and the wedding is tomorrow. I guess I'm gonna have to go with my sis's shoes which she says will look good; I guess they will do, even though I'm such a shoe girl, and the shoes really make the look. What can I say..it'll do do do. So...was out looking, went to quite a few stores for shoes, and earrings. Ran into a student of mine back when I was a TA here doing my masters', ran into a friend of mine babysitting her two cutie pudgy neices. Saw my first and previous best friend from 3rd grade onwards working at a store...

It's so weird...this town was never that small for me..in fact I'd consider it quite big..in southern Minnesota it's considered a relatively "big" town...it's a college town too! I mean we're talking about 65,000 or so people, but the funny thing is that everywhere I go, I know someone!!! Oh it feels good to be home...this place be the best ;)

Err..wedding is tomorrow...off to do some last minute things still.. :-/

1 Comments:

At 12:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

its a small world after all :)

have a fun time at the wedding!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home