My Thoughts and Yours...

I write about things I notice around me on my not so talkative days. If any of you out there are interested, please read and respond!

Monday, March 14, 2005

Traveling can be interesting..

So...For spring break I came back to Minnesota. I left Lafayette early and was hoping to catch the early flight (5:14) to Minneapolis rather than waiting till my 7 o'clock flight. I got to the airport 30 minutes before the flight left for Minneapolis. I asked if I could get on it..which I've done numerous times before and gotten through. This time they said the flight was overbooked by one person..duh shoulda known..it is spring break after all. So....YES I ended up sitting at the airport waiting waiting waiting and more waiting till 7:10 for my flight..which did not leave till around 9:15..why? Because the weather was crappy in Minneapolis.!!

Usually on the plane, Ialways get stuck sitting next to some big ol fat guy whose arm/elbows basically take over any of my personal space..This time, I had a Purdue student sitting next to me. He was on his way to Seattle. A Mechanical engineer, and one who was looking to go into graduate school..and had a ton to ask me..as I had a ton to ask him. Small talk..whatever you name it..we talked! I was glad to have spent the time waiting in the plane sitting (yep for 45 minutes!--flight delay!) next to someone interesting. I did study in the plane..but the flight went well..

ahh..so as much as I hate traveling..I didnt' mind it this time. I just can't stand cramped planes..

Oh..and the worst one yet. WHY do people get mad, when the flight is delayed? NO wait, what I mean is why do people get mad at the flight info person at the counter when the flight is delayed? As if it's her or his fault!!!!! THey are merely repeating what they were told...stupid people......

2 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the messenger always gets shot :)

hows the weather in minntaaasooota eh? :)

that does sound rough waiting for the plane... its been years since I've been on one.

I hope you have a great break :)

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Anostica said...

Minnesota weather is great..not too cold.

Hope your break is going well too ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home