My Thoughts and Yours...

I write about things I notice around me on my not so talkative days. If any of you out there are interested, please read and respond!

Wednesday, January 01, 2003

Education--private or publically announced??
Just a thought which has come up in my mind..as I have found out that it is practiced in way too many areas. The thing is whether education should be considered private or a public thing. What I mean is this..when someone does well in school, should he/she be happy about it, or should it be written in papers everywhere announcing how well they did?? Or should their scores even be written comparing his/her final score to others, so that those who did worse can feel bad (even though they passed)..and the ones that did extremely well can have the biggest ego ever just because they did so well?? why is that....
I don't know...when you get an education..is it for yourself? Do you get those grades because you want to? Do you do well because you want to accomplish something in life? Or do you do all that ONLy to publically announce it to the whole world..so that everyone knows that you're a genius....Personally, to me, my accomplishments..I achieved those because I wanted to gain something in life..I wanted to learn. My accomplishments are not something I feel the need to show off about, nor are they something I'd slam in someones' face to make them feel worse of how they did. When it comes to classmates, and the whole publication system of grades, I feel it doesn't teach people much but only put the person who got 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 15th place down...they only realize that though they may have passed, they still sucked..because someone still beat them....somewhat like, a bittersweet ending..you can't even enjoy that happiness because it's still bitter in the end.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home