My Thoughts and Yours...

I write about things I notice around me on my not so talkative days. If any of you out there are interested, please read and respond!

Thursday, August 08, 2002

Money takers and stupid people.. Thu Nov 16 12:51:29 2000
So here's the deal. First off I am not writing this to defend anyone here..but I feel the need to voice my opinion on the following issue-though I'm sure there are others out there that totally disagree with me. But hey..if this is my opinion's page, I will say whatever, and all of you can write me back and say whatever you want in response.
So the deal is this. This guy (as I found out) was recently found guilty of fraud, becuase he promised others that he would find them their lost lovers, predict the winning lottery numbers or remove hexes on people. And due to that he's being sent to jail. Okay..here's what I don't get...why is it his fault?? Can't there be stupid people out there, people stupid enough to believe anything. I mean, if you are over 18, you should be considered as a person who can make rational decisions (well in this society)--so then if people lets say over 18 called this man for the winning lottery number--heck they probably did it because they were making a rational decision--and if not..it's the people who called, it is their fault! I just think that if in this society we grant people so much freedom after the age of 18, then if those same people make mistakes and get cheated of their money...then it's that person's fault..not the man cheating thems'--fault.
We all do things to get extra cash or save some. And if this guy wanted to cheat people of their money because that's what he thought was a good idea, then heck he has a great imagination..and he should be allowed to get the money from other people. But people should be SMaRt enough to NOT believe him! Sure that man cheating on others to me (is NOT rational), but if that's the way he thinks of it, and he thinks it's rational, then I think it should be allowed!!!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home