My Thoughts and Yours...

I write about things I notice around me on my not so talkative days. If any of you out there are interested, please read and respond!

Thursday, August 08, 2002

Killing in the name of God?? Sat Jul 15 22:21:46 2000
This'll be a short one, but I've realized the following for way too long, that I thought it'd be about time, that I mention it on my msg board! The issue deals with how people in different parts of the world are killed due to them being in a different religion (or believing differently), as compared to someone else. For example, there are cases where one muslim will kill another because he/she thinks that the other muslim believes one specific aspect of Islam to be different from what the other person believes to be true. The thing which bothers me is that in Islam, there is the fundamental rule of not hurting anyone, or not 'causing harm to anyone'. Well if that's the case, then why do muslims kill one another, because one muslim disagrees with the other about an issue??? It makes me question whether they are muslims or not? Talk about hypocrites! The only thing I know is that, the only true muslims out there are the ones that 'do NOT hurt anyone' and actually tolerate others on their beliefs; I mean after all that's what Islam is based on--Tolerance!
By the way, this same case can be applied to Christians, and to Jewish people as well. Until everyone, in this world can learn to realize there are differences (between all of us), I will think of society as a whole to be ignorant, and self-centered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home