My Thoughts and Yours...

I write about things I notice around me on my not so talkative days. If any of you out there are interested, please read and respond!

Thursday, August 08, 2002

Intelligent...or just a hard worker?? Wed May 3 06:27:14 2000
Every now and then I'll hear at school "oh you're soo smart" and it makes you wonder about whether the person it was referred to was actually smart or whether he/she is just a hard worker and naturally not that intelligent.
Like lately, in my Organic Chemistry class, we had a test, someone did well in it and one of the girls said to the person "oh you're so intelligent" and it made me wonder, because recently in organic lab this person had been whining about how they had been studying for this test for a week and half or so. Now I believe that if anyone studied that much, everyone could get an A, even on an Organic Chemistry test! I don't believe that, that is intelligence, that's truely hard work!! (And NO, I'm not jealous that, that person got an A on the test, and that's not my reason for posting this message!!)
The only distinction I can make between an intelligent person and a hard worker is that, an intelligent person doesn't study too much, but understands the material quickly, the intelligent person gets done with the test fast while the hard worker might take longer (because he/she isn't too intelligent), etc. I believe that there are probably more hard workers out there than intelligent students..I may be wrong..but that's what I perceive...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home