My Thoughts and Yours...

I write about things I notice around me on my not so talkative days. If any of you out there are interested, please read and respond!

Thursday, August 08, 2002

confidence..or egotistical? Thu Nov 2 14:22:40 2000
So here's the new thing I have been noticing. If you are confident in what you do, people think that you have an ego (about yourself). I don't really get that though because, well what's wrong with being confident and liking the way you dress, act (in situations)...they can be good things, most of the time they are good things. But people in our society will point the finger at the man or woman who walks with his/her head up saying "look at that snob"...I'm sure that it's hard not to assume that, since it is somewhat rare to see confident people these days. But then again, we shouldn't welcome confident people by calling them "snobbish" or "egotistical"..rather we should think of them as role models..people we all should follow.
If one can get him/herself to stand up for what he or she believes to be right and isn't afraid to show his/her opinion towards things, then who are we to judge them? I'm sure that the ones out there that do judge only do it because they are jealous of the other 'confident' individual--why else would they comment.
This brings me to another point. Mostly if not all comments made to a person or about a person, are made because the other person is jealous of him/her (being made fun of)..well that's a duh because everyone knows that...
As always....I'd like to say..if you are confident and love expressing yourself...hey..I love you for it! But if you're going to stick around and hide from society because you are scared of others..then I suggest you rethink about yourself..because you know..you only get ONE life to live..live it to it's fullest..and heck be Confident (if you feel) for yourself! Forget what others may think of you for it! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home