My Thoughts and Yours...

I write about things I notice around me on my not so talkative days. If any of you out there are interested, please read and respond!

Monday, August 26, 2002

Materialistic World...
Ahh..it's time for school once again, as I start tomorrow morning! I not only will be a grad student but will also be a grad assistant teaching a biology lab class! yahh :)
Hmm, onto the topic of this msg board..yes, the materialistic world..Well that's a no brainer, because lots of people these days are materialistic. But hey, it's still pretty stupid and annoying. I don't know, but this issue really made me mad in the last few weeks, when my friends have been telling me this or that..and then all they EVER talk about is...well that cost me this much, and geez I need that to look so rich and look so cool. Hmm...it's so weird though, because sometimes I'll sit there and agree with them, but inside me I'm thinking, God, why dont' you realize it's not what you wear or show that makes you, it's what you ARE..Of course, I cannot tell these people what I think, because honestly, I believe in letting someone do whatever they want, and if I tell them what to do, then I'm ruining their sense of individuality.....Most of you might think, hah, not even tell your friends?? Well.....I have told them..but you only tell a friend once, they are old enough to know what's cool, right, and what not...So I leave it up to them...and in the mean time, I look at those fools with everything, who've wasted all their summer savings on looking trendy, thinking they'll get that attention, only to realize how much of a sore loser they are, not only financially, but also in real life! :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home