My Thoughts and Yours...

I write about things I notice around me on my not so talkative days. If any of you out there are interested, please read and respond!

Thursday, August 08, 2002

To meet alone or know ahead of time..? Tue Nov 28 08:09:45 2000
New topic..I guess this is sort of a pet peeve of mine. I hate it when people will get to know who I am or what I do before they meet me or even say a word to me. I know it sounds a bit stuck up, but I feel that whenever someone finds out about me through someone else, it's never clear or precise to the way I am. The people who get to know me through someone else's words always have a false assumption about how I should be like, totally..though most of the time they aren't off by much, but I just feel it's better to meet the person yourself and have them realize how you are rather than have someone else tell you.
IT's like when you write a paper. YOu want to get the best sources about everything, and not get information from a third party which may not know anything about the source.
The only problem I have is when I have to meet a person who already knows about me "through someone else"..when the time comes to meet, this person has this prejudgement about me. And sometimes in the conversation you hear from the person "I never knew you were like that"...well if they would have met me by themselve without having met me through another person, then they wouldn't have those assumptions about me in their head!
Also...or lastly...think about it..if you were to meet someone on your own..and not get to know them through someone else, maybe there would be less prejudice in this world..or should I stay less stereotyping..because then you'd be learning of the source (first hand), rather than through a third person..that should make a difference, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home