My Thoughts and Yours...

I write about things I notice around me on my not so talkative days. If any of you out there are interested, please read and respond!

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

I passed!!!!

I got a voicemail from my friend today..saying that I should check my e-mail because the qualifier results were in. It only gave me an idea of what e-mail was awaiting me..and considering I had a bad dream the other day about flunking--I figured I was never going to check my e-mail until I had to. I admit I have no guts...

But..it's about 2 a.m. and I'm up looking up tickets for my flight back to Indiana...and well I had to write my sister about whether I should take advantage of my frequent flyer miles...unknowingly I logged into my e-mail...well e-mails say COnGRATulations!! wohoo!!!!!!! I passed..!!! I was the only one taking the microbiology qualifier out of the 18 or so Phd students, and I passed!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of myself. I had told my advisor that I knew I could do it..it was a front I had put up to show I was strong..and honestly I wasn't sure if I'd be able to prove it to him...but I did!!!!

Advisor has already written me...says congratulations..and now wants me in the lab..only I'm sitting here still in Minnesota! :(

Even now that I know I passed..I keep thinking it is because the teachers were being nice to me..didn't wanna flunk me...not because I worked hard...but that's always my typical attitude...I am sure my hard work might have paid off!

4 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey congrats ;-)

the results are of your hard work not them being easy on you silly :-p

 
At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey congrats ;-)

the results are of your hard work not them being easy on you silly :-p

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations - does this feel as good as when you Gradumicated?

 
At 3:21 AM, Blogger Ali said...

Congratulations one your qualifier! What's next? Hiking Everest? Or the Everest of Biology - what is that by the way?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home