My Thoughts and Yours...

I write about things I notice around me on my not so talkative days. If any of you out there are interested, please read and respond!

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Must Resign My Reign as the Microbiology TA
 
Today I gave my last lab practical I will give at my university. Well today was the last lab practical I gave to a class load of students. Technically tomorrow will be the last day I ever give a lab practical--since I have one student left. I guess they say you should miss it, and I thought I would, but I DONT. I had quite a few students come up to me before leaving just thanking me for being a great TA. I guess if I had stopped teaching last year, I would have missed it. But stopping now is more like I'm moving on. I am actually looking forward to a change now (odd as it seems as I hate change!). But I now have a sense of my future at Purdue university, and I'm excited. I'm excited to meet a new group of motivated graduate students and to see new faces. I'm excited to be taking brain-killing graduate classes. I'm excited about teaching at Purdue, and maybe teaching Microbiology to students who aren't just nursing students, but students who are as crazy of bacteria and viruses as I am!

I am just about done grading all of my lab practicals from my students. I corrected quickly and can't wait to get them out of my hands. I cleaned out my office and gave away the teaching notes to another TA. The time has arrived, and I feel as if I'm more than ready to leave, as I simply cannot imagine being back again next year! I know I'll miss the people here, or the comfortable setting, but who can sit around like that forever. You learn from new things..and now is my time that I learn. I guess **

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home