My Thoughts and Yours...

I write about things I notice around me on my not so talkative days. If any of you out there are interested, please read and respond!

Sunday, May 16, 2004

ALL That work...guess it paid off!
 
I was thinking this on my way up to the Twin Cities today. I had been working on this grad school admissions stuff nonstop since the April of last year. In april of last year I started studying extensively for the GRE. At the same time, I had started research and worked nonstop with research throughout the summer, while at the same time studying each night of the summer. Yet I also taught for one summer session last year. THEN, on top of it all, I took lots of hard hard classes last fall, all together at once, mainly because I had wanted to graduate, but also to show graduate schools that I could handle hard classes. Then I worked sooooo hard to earn good grades in all those, at the same I taught, and was applying to the graduate schools! There were times I wondered if I could handle it any longer, but I kept going. I was always praying that my hard work would pay off and it did. I even told myself towards the end of november and beginning of december that once all was done, I could treat myself to going on a trip to Pakistan. Well the trip was awesome. And Ahhhhh, my work DID pay off. NOT to toot my own horn, but I was realizing this today, as gosh, I was up to my neck with stuff last year around this time...and my main reason for ALL of it was so that I could apply to graduate schools and get into a good one with good financial aid. I guess I did it; maybe I should pat my back now. But heck this is just the BEGINNING, I still have 5 more years to go, before I can say AHHH, and pat my back and be happy about it ALL.So I guess one type of stress ends, but yet another begins....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home