My Thoughts and Yours...

I write about things I notice around me on my not so talkative days. If any of you out there are interested, please read and respond!

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Yah Whatever

You know..I wonder because my past roommate used to tell me that I reminded her of her mother...she said it because of my "trait" of not wanting any help. I used to tell her, and do believe that if anything, I will figure out a way to do something on my OWN. I never want to ask anyone for anything...I'd rather walk a mile than ask some for a ride, or I'd rather catch a taxi. She said I have to stop being that way because people are out there to help me.

Is it bad being this way? Is it bad that I don't like telling everybody everything..is it bad that I hate getting suggestions from others? Maybe that's my way of being independent. I can go about my life and get things done on my own..I don't need help. Does that make me stuck up? I know that if need be, if I needed help, or needed advice or needed a suggestion, I *would* ask..but until then I'm not gonna sit around and just listen to what others tell me..

It's the same way at my work setting or even in school. I can't ever have someone make or do something for me..and believe it was done right. It's not that I'm stuck up and think I know all..but more that I think I can do it myself..which makes a job "well done"...

I guess I do like being independent..but again is there something wrong with that? I hate being told what to do..If someone tells me to do something, and doesn't gimme a rational reason for it, I'm more likely to do the opposite of it. If however someone puts rationality behind the argument and tells me something to do..I'm willing to give it a shot and decide if it's worth it..

But if anything all of what I said stems from me wanting to be me, me wanting to do what I want...Me being able to decide on my own. Me not burdening anyone..if anything people should be happy..at least I won't bug the shit outta them :D

1 Comments:

At 4:26 AM, Blogger Tony Allen said...

I think it's call the lone wolf syndrome. I have it to a degree too, but I also acknowledge that without working with people and helping and being helped, we couldn't get as much as possible done. You can only do so much. If you would offer someone a ride to school, then don't feel like you shouldn't accept a ride from someone else. It's a balance. Be happy to give, and be happy to receive. That's my philosophy anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home