My Thoughts and Yours...

I write about things I notice around me on my not so talkative days. If any of you out there are interested, please read and respond!

Monday, June 06, 2005

How retarded is this?

So yesterday we had an awesome awesome thunderstorm here. The first sight of it, and the smell of rain (yes it does smell!) was awesome! There was awesome awesome lightening which I watched and couldn't stop..while..my roommate sat there freaked outta her mind. I noticed it was getting bad outside, and knew that a tornado warning should at least be in effect. Suddenly the sirens went off..but I wasn't sure really, as they test the sirens here beginning of the month. In Minnesota they check them beginning of the month on wednesdays and actually say "this is a test, this is a test"..but not here. So..I wasn't sure :( I called the main desk of my apartment wanting to make sure that the sirens were a test, and not a real thing (as stupid indiana won't say it's a "test")..but the girl down stairs didn't know.

Then I was like whatever; let me listen to the news. I turned the t.v. on, and they said a tornado had been spotted or even touched down around the area. My roommate was freaking out..she's like what do we do? I coming from Tornado land Minnesota, know a bit of what to do..but called downstairs to ask the apt people if they have a tornado shelter. The girl says the following: "Well I suggest you go into the bathroom"..I said "excuse me" she's like.."you know the room you take a shower in"..I was like "Yah I know, but what if you live on the 4th floor????!!" and she's like..."Oh I don't know....can you call back tomorrow and ask my manager??"!!! Retarded...if it was a real damn tornado I woulda been blown and dead by tomorrow!!!

3 Comments:

At 11:49 PM, Blogger Tony Allen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger Tony Allen said...

hahaha that's funny. Wait until tomorrow. "Ahhh help! There's a murderer in my house! " "Please hold for the next representative... While you wait, you may be interested in the new 911 gummy drops. Please press 1 to order some now!"

 
At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha yeah good ole indiana... and you say i should stay here :-p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home