My Thoughts and Yours...

I write about things I notice around me on my not so talkative days. If any of you out there are interested, please read and respond!

Monday, January 03, 2005

Something must go wrong...

Acck so earlier in October this year, I found out that my roommate was going back to France as she had been appointed a professorship. I was a bit worried as our lease was for a year, but she promised she'd pay if she didn't find someone to sublease. I got on it right away and was out looking.....and lucky me I found some girl in less than 3 weeks! The girl came over with her parents, I met them all..she was awesome! She asked if I'd take her as a roommate and I agreed..We e-mailed for quite some time, to get to know each other better....Little did I know of what I was getting myself into!!!!!!!! This girl played me and my roommate....damn her. She took forever to get the paperwork in, and my roommate kept saying "I don't feel good about this"..and I was like no way Marie, this is gonna work out. Finally this girl called me up, and said the paperwork is in...AHHHH Relief GREAT! So yaahhh me, I had finals done, and was on my way to enjoy Minnesota for about 3 weeks. Hmm...so I called about 3 days ago to pay my rent by phone...the leasing consultant says that the other rent to be paid by the subleasee has not been paid! What the hell...mmm, the consultant goes on to say that the subleasee's check bounced TWICE! And err damn this girl, her dad stopped by (WHO I met!), and said his daughter was too sick to have a roommate this semester...and well the consultant said her dad was to call me..UM NO! NO CALL..no roommate..poor my ex roommate she is now paying for rent here and also will pay in France..as we both look for yet another roommate..!! I learned my lesson..or err really smashed the phrase of "trust no one" in my head a heck of a lot better now.....

Life will go on...I get a roommate....or not one..I'll be fine. Just that it'd be nicer to not have to pay so much if I could get a roomie..if not...I'll manage......




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home