My Thoughts and Yours...

I write about things I notice around me on my not so talkative days. If any of you out there are interested, please read and respond!

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Why must I drink it????

NO, it's not alcohol! It's Chai, tea, you name it..but more than likely Chai, as I drink it about twice a day, or at least once/day. Anyways, why must I drink it when it makes me feel all shitty. Why you must ask..well lemme explain.

Ever since I was about 3 or a bit older, I used to ask my mom for chai all the time, and around that time I started to drink it a lot. And little did I know by drinking it so much, I started to get hives on my skin. Mom took me to the doctor and I was told it was because of eating something which my body did not like. OK

So even now. I can't drink Chai when it's hot. I have to let it sit at room temp, and when it's cold enough I can gulp it down. Even when I do drink it, it makes me soooo hot (temperature wise!!), and I start to sweat. At the same time, it makes me have a strong urge to run to the b-room!!

Despite all these probs...I still drink the chai--generally with the fan when the chai is cold. Why...because I love it's TASTE!. Can't you tell I'm addicted? nah..I can go days without it--well a day! hehehe :p

1 Comments:

At 11:36 PM, Blogger Ali said...

Well, since you like chai tea so much - you probably think the American version called "Chai Tea" is quite a disgrace.

I did some research on the meaning of Chai. It so happens the name comes from "Chaiyyat" which literally is an extended feeling of longing or want for something. I guess the people who made chai in the Indian Subcontinent really prized it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home