My Thoughts and Yours...

I write about things I notice around me on my not so talkative days. If any of you out there are interested, please read and respond!

Thursday, August 08, 2002

Evolution! Tue Sep 7 13:46:36 1999
So I'm taking Genetics in college, and took introductory Biology last year in college for Biology Majors (I'm a Human Biology Major). Odd thing I've noticed is that people in my genetics class, are all biology majors, but when my teacher mentions the subject of "Evolution", almost half of the class shakes their head in disbelief! I really dont' understand why!
I find it pretty stupid that people mix religious beliefs with scientific findings! I would personally still believe in evolution even if my religion thougth evolution was wrong! I think that people are just ignorant! And to think that people who are majoring in biology could still believe that we as humans haven't evolved, even if a little!
I guess the only reason I see, which might cause people to not care about evolution is the following. I guess when you are told over and over to believe that something didn't happen, most 'uneducated people' take whatever they are told at face value and don't bother to investigate it themselves.! And when this happens we get people all over believing in the same thing, and when you ask them why they may believe in it, their only answer is because that's what their religion says! I guess if one is ignorant, he/she doesn't really want to know what the other side sees, only because that one person is stubborn enough to not care..and that's what causes resistance and stupidness! If only people were more open and listened to what others had to say, maybe today I'd be seeing more people in my Biology courses who truely knew what evolution was, instead of sticking to what their religion had told them about it!
We cannot have a religion teach us about science, it does not work! Nor can science teach us about religion..they are two seperate things..and should be kept seperate!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home