My Thoughts and Yours...

I write about things I notice around me on my not so talkative days. If any of you out there are interested, please read and respond!

Thursday, August 08, 2002

Cliques...
I talk with many people from time to time! People from different cliques, etc. Usually what I notice is that, once there is a newcomer to one of the cliques..he/she is usually in the process of transforming him/herself to be just like the rest in the clique! Even if that person doesn't like what the other people are into, he/she just tags along!!
That personally drives me crazy! As when I was younger, and didn't know much (yah there was time like that, perhaps I'm still in it!), I remember I used to tag along with people too, in a clique! Then I realized that to be in a clique really really sucked, because then you are only making yourself be a weirdo..and following what others are doing etc. Cliques only brainwash you into thinking a certain way and nothing else..and the reason being for them is that everyone else in the group is doing it too!
Though I still do stuff with my friends, from different cliques..I always stick to what I like and think is right, and not just what others perceive to be great and correct! I never fall for something because others fell for it too..unless I too thought it was good.
If you gotta live life, you gotta live it your way..not the way others want you to live it! So don't let others control your tastes, personality, whatever..be YOU!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home