My Thoughts and Yours...

I write about things I notice around me on my not so talkative days. If any of you out there are interested, please read and respond!

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Curiosity Got the Best of ME

So...I was up in the cell culture room in one of the labs I work in..today. I opened up the incubator and something caught my eye. No not just cells that I have always seen in there with their red media/food on top..but rather something intensely lemony yellow was in there. Being me, of course I grabbed it..pulled it out and looked at it. Mmmm..it was the most beautiful yellow hue I had seen, but it had chunky white crap all in it, like curdled milk. I put it back..read whose it was too though :D The person will be called "George". I should have thrown George's stuff away though, it was contaminated!! The yellow color occured because the pH indicator in the media--the same media which is feeding the cells had now been taken over by contamination--bacteria. Bacteria which had depleted the resources in the media and started to ferment--a.k.a. produce acid which in turns led the pH to decrease and then viola..yellow awesome colored media! wohoo! Blahhhaha that was a lot to get out!

Anyways...I get back to lab. George is telling me about his experiment. I totally forgot about his yellow awesome stuff. And then he says yah I need to check my exp and I seriously hope it worked. Ding ding dinnnng..it hit me then...I was like George umm..it's very pretty and yellow. He's like WHAT..you touched my shit and looked at it, and threw it away didn't you cuz of the contamination!!....And I said NO, I never throw peoples' contaminated shit away..though I did peek at it :D Well in any case he was pissed his exp didn't work...though he kinda wished I had gotten rid of it. I on the other hand...well umm the yellow color was soo perrrty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home