My Thoughts and Yours...

I write about things I notice around me on my not so talkative days. If any of you out there are interested, please read and respond!

Thursday, June 01, 2006

My List-Ridden Life

I have so many lists of what to do. I have lists at work. I have a list next to my desk which states things to do, things to get, and just other things. I have post-its next to my bed. I have a list in my bag which I carry to work. I have a daily list, a monthly list, and a somewhat yearly list.

I know a non-lister..actually I know a few. One of them thinks I'll be more productive than her, as she forgets everything. The other one, he thinks that I'm restricting my life and not living it peacefully.

My stance on lists. Welllll....I agree with both above. As really I'm glad I make lists and do things which need to be finished on a daily basis..at least I go to bed feeling content that I did something that day. But then, there are days I'll stay up an extra few hours just to complete a list...

I have a good friend who is fellow list-ridden girl. She at times calls and feels sooo bogged down with planning and following her list of things to do. Listening to her, makes me realize where I could be, or where I am...and makes me "cool down".

I'm learning to be a bit less uptight now though...at times I force myself to forget the list for a day...no matter what..even when I know there are a ton of things to do..I block it out of my mind and just ignore it.

1 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Blogger Grad007 said...

You sound rather organised!

I usually only wrote "to do" lists of super-important things which were in danger of being forgotten. The list tended to slide under the computer keyboard, where I would rediscover it several weeks later ... I intend to become a more regular writer of lists, and, more importantly, do them too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home